Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ahh,change

Any one that has known me for more than fifteen seconds knows there is nothing I abhor more than change. I turns my little world upside down and inside out. This week is one of great change. I am Methodist and every four to six years the Bishop transfers a pastor and sends a new one. Methodists everywhere know this. That knowledge, however, does not make it any easier. We become attached to our Spiritual leaders. Sunday will be Mike's, our current pastor, last Sunday at First Church here. Monday he is off to his new assignment in Morehead City, NC. Today I will play a funeral at church, this will be the last time I ever play at Mike's request. Sunday the choir has a wonderful, but emotionally charged anthem prepared. Back to today. I will be sitting on the bench balling my eyes out. While everyone in the congregation will think it is because of the deceased, it will actually be because of Mike's leaving. I hate change, it is not my friend, in fact I am pretty sure that I am allergic to it. Do they make a pill for that? People say change is good, I tend to disagree. Well at least sometimes.  So long Mike, God Bless.  Welcome Joe Casteel.
Hugs!  Gary

1 comment:

  1. Your not allergic to change, you just hate the feeling associated with it. Vulnerability is not a feeling you like. I am sending a hug and a free cup of sweet tea to you. Oh yeah and a 20 ft. long cig! ox

    ReplyDelete