Monday, July 11, 2011

If we start it will they come?

Tomorrow night a group of us will be meeting at my church to hammer out the last of the details for starting an HIV Support Group here.  There has not been one for many years.
Now that the governments, both state and federal, are cutting funding to so many resources we thought it would be a good idea to have a support group and invite local nurses and case managers to help us navigate the new reality that is living with HIV/AIDS. Now the million dollar question-will anybody come? I hope so as a great deal of work has gone into this. I know we will need to give it time to "take off'", yet I still wonder whether or not people around this small town will stick their necks out and come. After all, this is the Bible Belt and being open about some things might not be healthy.  I know that when my family finds out I will be subjected to much grief.  As Gloria Gaynor once sang "I will survive"! I might have a head ache though.  We do not air our dirty laundry in the South.  Somebody might think less of my parents. But I digress. I just hope after all the work and the many people that have volunteered to help, people will take advantage of this and come.   Hugs-Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment